Pattern Testing: Reverberance

A few weeks ago, my friend (and fabulous pattern designer) Shannon Fraser sent out an email asking for volunteers to test her newest pattern: Reverberance. I love Shannon's work and I had some time last month so jumped at the chance to test this one.


And it did not disappoint! This really fun design is super quick, easy and would look completely different depending on the fabrics used. I just love log cabin quilts and this variation on the log cabin block is just so visually interesting!

I went with fabrics I had in my scrap bins (the bigger pieces were leftover backing fabrics) and arranged the colours in rainbow fashion.


For the quilting, I wanted some FMQ to contrast with the straight lines and sharp angles of the quilt design. So I went with flowers using my favourite neutral thread: Aurifil #2600 (Dove) in 50 wt.



The backing is a fun polka dot fabric from Connecting Threads.


If you're looking for a super quick, yet very striking, pattern design in a lap size (60" square), I can't recommend this pattern enough. I pieced the top in one evening, then basted it, quilted it and had the binding sewn on in one weekend.

Quilt Stats:
  • Pattern: Reverberance by Shannon Fraser Designs
  • Size: 60" x 60" 
  • Fabrics: Top is made from scraps, the backing is polka dot wide-back from Connecting Threads 
  • Thread: Pieced and quilted with Aurifil #2600 (Dove) in 50 wt 
  • Recipient: Haven't decided yet! :-)

I will be linking up this finish over at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday and at Kathy's Quilts and More for TGIFF.


Comments

  1. Oh it is great! What beautiful colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Those bright colours make it so fun and cheerful and the polka dot backing is fabulous. I love your quilting too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabrics you chose for this quilt. It is stunning. I also really like the flower quilting texture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, Izzy! The colours are fab and the quilting just adds so much quilty texture. I hadn't seen the polka dot backing before and it's PERFECTION!

    ReplyDelete
  5. really like this Izzy..it is perfect Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so bright and colourful. Great pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your vibrant version of this quilt!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment