Lunch Bag for Debbie

Things are slowly getting back to normal at work so I've been spending a little bit more time at my sewing machine. I wasn't in the mood to work on a big quilt plus I have a business trip to Denver coming up at the end of the month so decided to make myself a laptop bag.

I found a tutorial, purchased some interfacing and some fusible fleece, cut up some long hoarded fabric and then disaster struck...  The tutorial was written for experienced bag makers, did not have clear instructions and skipped some pretty vital steps.  Anyhow, I got extremely frustrated and gave up on the bag.

Then a good friend came over and noticed I had a quilted lunch bag...  She loved it and asked if I'd be willing to make her one.  I was already in a bag making kind of mood and knew I would be able to make that bag because I'd done one before so I said yes!!

Ignore the poor dying plant - it's been really cold here!

I made no changes to the tutorial and it turned out great!  With the insulbright and the interfacing, the bag is pretty sturdy (a lot better than my original one which only had one layer of batting).

I used Aneela Hoey charm packs for the exterior and a fat quarter for the lining fabric and handles.


I quilted it with some simple straight lines.


I was really happy with how the bag turned out and Debbie loved it!

And now that I've had my bag fix, I can get back to making quilts.

I will be linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday and at Lisa in Port Hope for TGIFF.

Comments

  1. Such lovely colours! Sometimes a quick finish can be so satisfying! I opened my linkup so you can come over now and link up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors in this! Sometime when you are in the states you will have to let me know in advance. Would love to meet you. My bestie just moved to the Denver area. Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors in this! Sometime when you are in the states you will have to let me know in advance. Would love to meet you. My bestie just moved to the Denver area. Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out amazing! I'm not a bag maker, never have been and really have no desire to either!! However, I am always in awe of others who have the skills and patience to make them! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where is this tutorial? I need a new lunchbag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stylish lunch bag! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment