Winter Star Baby Quilt

When my fellow Montreal MQG member and friend Shannon announced that she was publishing a pattern for her Winter Star quilt, I jumped at the opportunity to test it for her.  The design was so much fun and I was in need of a baby quilt for my kids' cousin who is pregnant with her first baby.

Shannon's pattern provides instructions for 3 sizes:  baby, throw and double.  Like I said, I needed a baby quilt so went with the 40" x 40" version for mine.


I chose fat quarters from my stash in tones of pink, purple, blue and green.  The background is Kona White.  The binding is a scrappy bunch of leftover strips from other quilts in pink and a tiny bit of green.



The backing is a fabric I've had for a very long time - some tiny purple dots on a white background.  I love it when I have the perfect fabric in my stash for the backing!

I quilted it with a big meander with 50 wt white Aurifil thread.


Shannon is publishing the pattern for Winter Star the week of November 21.  I highly recommend it. She did a fabulous job with the instructions and the illustrations make things super easy to follow, even for a novice quilter.



Quilt Stats:

  • Pattern:  Winter Star by Shannon Fraser of s/f Designs
  • Size: 40" square (baby quilt size)
  • Fabrics: 8 fat quarters entirely from stash and Kona White for the background
  • Thread: Pieced and quilted with Aurifil 50 wt #2021
  • Recipient:  Mylene for her first baby
Will be linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday.

Comments

  1. So cute, it turned out really well! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! I love the bright colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this one! Looks like a quick finish too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Izzy, you have grown and grown in your quilting! I love seeing all of your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stars have a 3D look with the lights and darks of each block! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment