A Handmade Lunchbag

On Sunday last week, my daughter Marianne asked me if I'd be willing to make her a lunch bag for school.  She's tired of cafeteria food and wants to bring her own lunch.  I told her I would be happy to make one for her of course...

If you've been following me  here for a bit, you might remember the lunch bags I made for Christmas last year.  It would have been so easy to just make one for her, but no... I had to try a new pattern!

I found this one and got to work right away.

I used some Cherry Christmas (by Aneela Hoey) charms I had leftover from a quilt I'm working on now and paired it with Little Apples fat quarters (also by Aneela Hoey).


I didn't have interfacing on hand so the handles are a little bit "floppy", but other than that, I really like this little bag.


I used a matching red zipper...


And this super fun print for the lining.


Unfortunately, the size turned out a little bit too narrow - the bottom isn't wide enough to fit containers.  So I decided to keep this one and make Marianne another one.  I'll probably just end up using the same tutorial I used for the Christmas bags...  :-)

Do you have a favourite tutorial for a small bag?

I will be linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts and at Chezzetcook Modern Quilts for TGIFF.

Comments

  1. Such cuteness! And of course you had to try a new pattern out ;) Too bad it didn't fit the containers properly, but at least you now know which pattern works best for your needs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute fabrics! My fav tut is lunch bag by Ayumi of pink penguin: http://ayumills.blogspot.cz/2010/08/tutorial-lunch-bag.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute fabrics! Shame it's too small but I'm sure you'll find a good use for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! Nice work ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable bag. Too bad it didn't work out as a lunch bag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Cute! I am sure you will be able to fill it with something good. Chocolate comes in all kinds of wrappers...just saying. Thanks for joining the linky party!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment